I was so inspired by all my blogger friends that I thought that I should begin one of my own. What I forgot is I already did start one this past May and then forgot about it :) Oh, well.
It's been awhile since my last update e-mail, so here's a post to bring you up to speed on our lives:
As for the kids, they are doing great. Gabrielle has begun 2nd grade and has claimed that she is bored in class. She reads like a wiz and is very intelligent and "lippy". She gets that from her dad.
Ethan is now in kindergarten and is not happy that he actually has to do work and not just play. He wears a uniform now like his sister and has truly taken on the middle child role. He is a sports lover and eats like a horse.
Jaden is the interesting child. He is very stubborn and strong willed, but loving nonetheless. He lives for Dora and eats very little. He has no interest in potty-training and will tell you off if you get in his way of doing something he is determined to do.
As for the adults...this year has not been the greatest. As you well know, the building industry has slowed down immensely and that in turn has affected our income immensely. Ironic how, even though we (specifically Jonathon) teach others what to do with their money by the way of biblical principles and follow those principles in our own life, when there is no money there, there is no money there.
Since we can't sell our kids, we put our house on the market, but another fact that you well know is that that market stinks too. So after a few showings in 6 months and no real takers, this month our contract with our realtor expired. We are now looking at other options and trying to figure out what to do.
Jonathon has had a few job leads. One being a government position. To supplement income, he is also working at the YMCA...free membership and he's buffing up too. He continues to look for jobs, but he is at home more than I am and has taken like a pro to the stay-at-home parent role.
(He's much better at it than I am !)
I have had two jobs since April/May. One working as a barista at Starbucks and the other working at South Biscyane. Between the two, I was working at least 50 hours a week, but loving both and the challenge they bring. It eventually caught up with me though. When I tried to decrease my hours at Starbucks, they gave me a hard time (among LOTS of other issues with the people I work with) so I gave them my "two weeks" last Tuesday. It is a relief, but of course the loss of that job is a loss of that income.
Needless to say, we are a bit stressed out at this point of our lives, but God is good. My kids are healthy, we have vehicles to drive us to our jobs, clothes on our back, food to eat, and a great family that helps us in many ways. Anyway, didn't write this to ask for a pity party, just wanted to let you know what is the latest in the Bray home.
Love you all and hope to hear from you soon!

11 comments:
Hey Naj, Danny just read your blog and then he asked me if I had anything about God on my blog. He's one funny man, that Dan.
Anyway, welcome to the world of blogging. Now you need to get your other friends and family to join you.
I love you guys.
Rob
Dear Naj, I have not done this before so I hope you get this message. It was great to read the update on all of you. I know it has been a tough year! We are all thinking and praying for you! We missed not seeing you this summer when Jon and the kids came. But really enjoyed having them here. It was one of the highlights of our summer. We are all fine, just busy like usual. My job is good but of course I am in the road most of the time. JB is finishing up his school work and will gradute in Dec. He is interning at Hannah's high school now and is really liking that. She likes it too but she doesn't have to ride the bus or wait on a ride after practice. She is at a new HIgh School this year and is running cross country so she is also very busy but liking the atomosphere of a new school....stay in touch. We love you and will be praying for all of you. Aunt Becky and family.
welcome to blog land....I haven't done one in a while so I need to get on it.....
I will praying for you and asking God to bring you to my mind....it sounds like this is a challenging season right now....
keep in touch love
Jenn
fivecows.blogspot.com
Hey girl-sorry to hear things are slow in the financial area.Maybe God is building a testimony for Jons financial class.I know how frustrating it is to be broke.If I hear of any jobs I will let you know.We should catch up soon and do lunch!Miss you.
Brandy
Hey Naj, glad you are into the blogging, some of my friends do this but only to keep us up to date on the pregnancy.. :)
Anywho, Jon had told us about the year 2007 and the challenges it is bringing but God puts us through and he will definitley get you through it. Glad the kids are doing so well, I loved seeing them this summer and I loved seeing Julie and her family. It was such a blessing to get to see our family members like that....it just seems so hard to get away at times. We sure do wish you would have made the trip but definitley understand why you needed to stay back....I want to see you guys soon! Love ya
Sarah B. Schmeelk
I left you a long message and just realized that it didn't go through....I am not going to re-write what I wrote but all in a nut shell....grant and i are great and glad to know you all are also....god gives us challenges but always gets us through them! We love you all and hope to see ya soon!
Sarah B. Schmeelk
Najla,
Glad to hear the kids are doing well! Let's get together with the kids soon:)
~Jackie
Wow Naj, you guys have a lot of nice family and friends that love you so much. That is great. See you tomorrow at church!
hi naj, is this another form of myspace? its cool, it was nice to get some info on you, considering that we don't talk often anymore:(( how did the interveiw go for john? ok my lady i love you and miss you like crazy, u gotta come and visit us, we'll hit brooklyn tab together. btw, you never calle dme back last night
Post a Comment